Baumgarten’s Bar got its name from William “Bill” Baumgarten and the resort he built.
Baumgarten’s “Resort” was located on the hill to the east of Baumgartens Sand Bar.
The breakwaters on either side of the beach can still be seen as well as the old boat canal.
The resort operated from the 1940’s until 1992.
The Resort was started by William & Mae Baumgarten, then Later owned by John & Ruth McGilligan, and the last owners were Walt & Diana Robb.
Recordings from the 1970's
Warning the recordings below could contain graphic and/or inappropriate language.
Lots of alcohol involved. It was the 70's!