Lake Chippewa Flowage Pike Improvment Project
- Our ambitious goal is to remove 10,000 northern pike from Lake Chippewa this season especially those under 24”
- Anticipated benefit to the fishery include larger northern, larger walleyes and a better environment for stocking extended growth muskies in the fall
- We hope to accomplish this goal by encouraging anglers to keep their legal limit of northern and EAT THEM – Share them!
- We will help you learn how to clean northern pike
- We will share recipes for cooking and pickling pike
- We will give anglers an entry ticket for prizes for every northern they legally keep, up to 5 per day. Drawing in October 2019.
- Instant Gratification: Earn a free lapel pin for getting your limit in one day
Our partners are Lake Chippewa Flowage Resort Association (including resorts, guides, bait shops and more), Chippewa Flowage Area Property Owners Association, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Lac Courte Oreilles Conservation Department, and Hayward Chapter of Muskies Inc. The National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame will be donating the Grand Prize.
So! Gather your fishing gear and get ready to harvest northern pike!